Dukkah Crusted Salmon with Green Apple, Fennel and Orange Salad
A quick delicious meal with plenty of flavour that serves four.
- Pistachio and Turmeric Dukkah
- Turmeric and Lemon Oil for 'the Passionate Foodie'
- Chilli, Lime and Coriander Dipping Sauce for 'the Passionate Foodie'
- Roasted Garlic Oil for 'the Passionate Foodie'
- 4 Atlantic Salmon Fillets
- 2 Green Apples
- 2 Fennels
- 2 Oranges
- 3 Potatoes
- 1 Sweet Potato
Preheat oven to 200 while you cut Potatoes and Sweet Potato into pieces and place onto a baking tray then brush with Turmeric and Lemon Oil. Once the oven is heated place into the oven and cook till they start to go golden brown.
Sprinkle Dukkah over a plate and sit Salmon on top, after 5-6 minutes the Salmon will absorb a good coating.
Grate fennel and apples into a bowl and squeeze the juice of one orange over the top. Segment the second orange and mix through the salad.
Heat the Roasted Garlic Oil over medium high heat and cook Salmon, dukkah-side down, for 4-5 minutes. Turn and cook for 3-4 minutes or until it's still slightly pink in the centre.
Plate up and drizzle 3-4 tablespoons of Dipping Sauce over the Salmon.
- There is no need to egg wash or double dip the Salmon prior to coating in Dukkah. The natural moisture will absorb a good crisp coating.
- Prepare vegetables and start cooking, then prepare the salmon, prepare the salad, cook the salmon - preparing and cooking in this order will ensure that all elements of the dish are ready at the same time.