Prawn, Mango and Avocado Salad
The sweetness of the mango with the light heat from the de-seeded chilli makes for a perfect light dinner. Nothing says summer like prawns and mango !
- 1 tbspn Extra Virgin Olive Oil for ‘the Passionate Foodie’
- 1/2 tspn Szechuan Pepper Salt for 'the Passionate Foodie'
- 400g peeled SA Prawns cut into halves
- 2 avocados, cut into 2cm cubes
- 2 mangos, cut into 2cm cubes
- 2 limes, plus wedges to garnish
- Small bunch of chopped coriander leaves
- 1 long red chilli, seeds removed and finely sliced
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1 mini Cos lettuce
Peel, de-vein and cut half the prawns into halves. Place in a bowl with mango and avocado.
Grate the zest of one lime, then juice both limes. Place the lime zest and juice in a small bowl with the coriander, chilli, honey and oil. Whisk to combine and season well with Szechuan Pepper Salt. Pour over prawn mixture and toss to combine.
Divide lettuce among plates, fill with the salad and serve with a lime wedge.
Alternative Serving Suggestions:
- Rather than serving on a plate, turn into finger food by serving the salad in individual cos lettuce leaves.
- Leave the prawns whole, combine all other ingredients into a bowl and mash together to from a tropical mango and avocado dip for the prawns.