Roasted Garlic Sweet Potatoes with Sage
Great to accompany any dish from steak to salmon to sausages.
- 2 x 1/3 cup Roasted Garlic Oil ‘the Passionate Foodie’
- 1 teaspn of Szechuan Pepper Salt 'the Passionate Foodie'
- 1 kg sweet potatoes
- 24 Sage leaves
Preheat oven to 220 degrees C.
Peel and slice sweet potato into 1cm thick rounds. Toss sweet potato in 1/3 cup Roasted Garlic Oil and Szechuan Pepper Salt ensuring all pieces are evenly coated.
Spread in a single layer on a baking tray. Cook until golden in patches and cooked through, 20 to 30 minutes.
Heat 1/3 cup of Roasted Garlic oil in pan on a high heat. Fry sage in 2 batches, stirring until crisp, 30 seconds to 1 minute per batch. Drain on absorbing paper.
Serve sweet potatoes with sage leaves scattered on top
- Sweet potatoes can be cut and tossed with garlic oil 4 hours ahead and chilled in a sealable bag.
- Sage leaves can be fried 4 hours ahead and kept at room temperature.
Alternate Serving Suggestions:
- Add potatoes to the sweet potatoes for different colour, however start cooking the normaltatos 5mins prior to the sweet potatoes.