Spicy Mini Chicken Burgers
Fantastic served as an entre for a dinner party, snacks while watching the Grand Final or cooked outside on a BBQ enjoying great summer weather.
This recipe is gluten free and a great way to get the kids involved mixing ingredients and forming patties ready for cooking. Makes 16 patties.
- 30 ml Roasted Garlic Oil for ‘the Passionate Foodie’
- 45 ml Chilli, Lime and Coriander Dipping Sauce for ‘the Passionate Foodie’
- 4 pinches of Szechuan Pepper Salt for ‘the Passionate Foodie’
- 500 gm of Chicken Mince
- 2 cm cube of freshly grated ginger
- 2 green beans finely sliced
- 2 red chilli, de-seeded and sliced finely
- 1 lemon zested and juiced
- 2 thin spring onions finely sliced
- 40 gm of fresh coriander leaves
- 3 tbsp Honey Mustard Dressing
- 1 lettuce
Combine Szechuan Pepper Salt, ginger, chilli’s, green beans, lemon zest and juice, chopped spring onions, coriander and Honey Mustrad into a bowl. Add the chicken mince and mix all ingredients together thoroughly.
Heat the Roasted Garlic Oil in a pan to a medium heat and cook patties for about 3 minutes each side. Don’t cook too quickly as you want them to be cooked through and a golden on top.
Wrap the burgers in a strip of lettuce and then dip in the Chilli, Lime and Coriander Dipping Sauce.
Serve to suit your event - three makes for a good entre size serve or piled high onto a plate so others can serve themselves works well for a BBQ.
When de-seeding and slicing chilli’s wear disposable food handling gloves to prevent accidently spreading the chilli’s heat.
Gloves also prevent the mince and other ingredients sticking to your hands when mixing and forming patties.
Dip the lettuce into ice water to revitalise it and crisp it nicely before serving.
Can be made the day before needed and stored covered in the fridge over night, alternatively they can be frozen for up to two months.
If frozen, defrost in the fridge 24h before needed.
- If moist after defrosting, dust with flour prior to cooking to absorb excess moisture.
Alternative Serving Suggestions:
With a green salad, using the Chilli, Lime and Coriander Dipping Sauce as a dressing.
On top of Coconut Kaffir Lime Steamed Rice.
As a burger (make larger patties).
Substitute lettuce for pita bread.
Peeking duck style – wrapped in mini-pancakes with spring onion and cucumber.
Change the type of mince – pork, beef, lamb or turkey.
Add extra ingredients – carrot, zucchini, etc ...